5.05.2009

French Onion Soup and Wings




Well I think this is possibly the best french onion soup we have ever had!
MUMMM MUMMM

Here is the link to the original recipe

I did make a few changes though (shocking) to the above recipe.
I found that the cooking times were way off.  The second time the onions roasted in the oven only needed another hour max.  Also after each addition of liquid, it really only takes a few minutes for the liquid to evaporate- just make sure you stir the whole time.  My final change to this recipe was that instead of a plain baguette- I used toasted garlic bread and topped with the Gruyere Cheese- OMG- to die for!!!!

Oh yeah- one more thing before I forget!!!!  Make the soup the day before:):)  Don't skip that step.

I served the yummy soup with some wings. I baked them at 375 for about 45 mins.  Half way through I start basting them with a mixture of orange marmalade (about 1/2 cup), soy sauce (about 1/4 cup), few dashes of garlic powder, and finally a splash of orange vinegar. Every 5ish minutes I basted them again with the above mixture.  They were out of this world!!!!!