3.31.2009

Nothing says happiness like sloppy joes . . . mummm!!!!






Sloppy Joes are pure happiness to me.  However I have never enjoyed them in  any form other than out of a can.  Even that way ,it is one of my most favorite meals.  Tonight I strayed from the can and made my own- I think it has become my new favorite!

Try it . . . you won't be disappointed

1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup minced sweet onion
1/4 cup minced green pepper
1 clove of garlic 
1 teaspoon yellow mustard (yup the cheap stuff, that only kids love)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup bbq sauce
2 teaspoons brown sugar

hamburger buns

In a skillet over medium heat,  brown beef, onion, and green pepper
Grate in the clove of garlic
Once meat is brown mix in brown sugar, yellow mustard, ketchup, and bbq sauce
Let simmer for 15 minutes
Scoop on bun and enjoy!!!

makes 4 sandwiches